Loading ...

Do you have to import a CAD drawing to use Co-Lo? | StruxureWare for Data Centers

Home » Spaces » StruxureWare for Data Centers » discussion » General » Do you have to import a CAD drawing to use Co-Lo?

Do you have to import a CAD drawing to use Co-Lo?

Discussion in StruxureWare for Data Centers started by Michael , 5/28/2014 7:02 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Note: No new discussion posts are allowed in this area. Historical content is for viewing purposes only. StruxureWare for Data Centers is actively supported at its own standalone community - https://help.se-dmaas.com/

Posted in: General

Do you have to import a CAD drawing to use Co-Lo?

Subscribe to RSS
  • vsales

Hello,

You do not require a CAD drawing to use the Colo license. Without a CAD drawing you will be required to build each cage with the build in cage creating tooling.

• michaelparsons

We did not use a CAD drawing to layout our data center.  I have done everything in DCO.  I would like to use the multi-tenant feature to show the different tenants I have in the data center.  Is there a way to use Co-Lo without a CAD drawing?

• sopeters

I presume you have the co-lo license installed on your system?!?

The CAD drawing is just a shortcut to getting the DC floor layout created and not a requirement for co-lo functionality to work.

The multi-tenant feature is configured by first importing a customer list most likely from your CRM system using the CustomerWebService http://dcimsupport.apc.com/display/DCIMDEVELOPER/CustomerWebService

In the properties page of a DC item (e.g. room, rack, cage, server) there is a customer section. Here it is possible to associate a customer to a piece of equipment.

The co-lo overlay will then show a state of which equipment is open, closed (sold), reserved, internal.

/Søren

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: