Loading ...

Threshold configurations and new discovered devices | StruxureWare for Data Centers

Home » Spaces » StruxureWare for Data Centers » discussion » General » Threshold configurations and new discovered devices

Threshold configurations and new discovered devices

Discussion in StruxureWare for Data Centers started by John , 5/14/2014 9:22 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Note: No new discussion posts are allowed in this area. Historical content is for viewing purposes only. StruxureWare for Data Centers is actively supported at its own standalone community - https://help.se-dmaas.com/

Posted in: General

Threshold configurations and new discovered devices

Subscribe to RSS
  • mmaciejk

You can either reply directly to the thread. I will take care of formatting before I submit it. If you would rather send it to me directly, I can provide you with my E-Mail address instead.

• jniessen

-- Background

I created four different threshold alarms for a number of devices in a group and they are set to alert.

Thresholds examples

Output load above % for two minutes

Communication Status

Maximum battery age

Battery time remaining

-- Problem

When new devices are discovered and added to the device group I do not see any way to apply the created thresholds to these new devices.

It seems the only thing to do is recreate each threshold for the newly discovered device.

Am I missing something? Or am I using the feature wrong.

Seems like you should be able to take previous thresholds that were created and add new devices to apply the same thresholds.

Thanks

• j.smith

Jniessen,

I want to echo your concern as a user/customer myself.. There should be some way to solve the issue of applying the notification policy to new devices added to a group/site. As devices are replaced or added, it is a HUGE pain to re-adjust the device settings. You can use a Template for the end device however there is no "Template" for the device notifications in DCE.

Hope APC can come up with a solution.

Regards,

J

• jniessen

Would you like me to just reply to this thread with information regarding the feature request or is there some other means to deliver the request?

Thanks

• mmaciejk

Creating a threshold for a group applies the threshold to the devices currently inside the group itself and not to the group as a folder. If you add a new device to a folder, you will also need to recreate the thresholds. As J stated above, there is no template for the DCE custom thresholds at this time. If you would like me to put in a feature request, please write up a brief description of the functionality you are looking for. I am aware that you explained what you are looking for in general, but I would just like to double-check and see if there is anything more specific you are looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: