Loading ...

vulnerability scan causes lots of alerts | Data Center & Facility 3 Phase UPS

Home » Spaces » Data Center & Facility 3 Phase UPS » discussion » General » vulnerability scan causes lots of alerts

vulnerability scan causes lots of alerts

Discussion in Data Center & Facility 3 Phase UPS started by Bob , 11/2/2016 8:47 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

vulnerability scan causes lots of alerts

Subscribe to RSS
  • thatguy

Model Number: AP8861

Name: aos

Version: v5.1.4

I have this APC unit with the following configured to send emails:

System: Detected an unauthorized user attempting to access the SNMP interface.

Anytime our vulnerability scanner does even a TCP scan, not even an SNMP walk the alert triggers.

I have added the IP of the vulnerability scanner to the " Access Control" for SNMPv1, but still get the errors.  (The Vulnerability scanner is not aware of the SNMP string that is configured, and the action is set to disabled)

Just trying to white list the vulnerability scanner so I don't get a bunch of alerts every time we run our required vulnerability scans. 

Any ideas? 

• voidstar

AOS 640 and above have a firewall. That may allow you to drop traffic from the scanner to avoid false alarms. Firmware available here under the "Software/Firmware" tab:

http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Rack-PDU-2G-Metered-ZeroU-57kW-208V-36-C13-6-C19-2-5-20/P-AP8861

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: