Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » Where can I download older versions of Powerchute?

Where can I download older versions of Powerchute?

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Paul , 10/4/2012 12:06 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • pboughton
    Paul
    New Member New Member
    Paul 10/4/2012 12:06 PM

Good afternoon.

I am trying to install Powerchute onto a Windows Server 2000 machine but can only find the version 9 download link on the APC site, which I believe isn't supported (and won't successfully install).
    Does anyone know where I can source the slightly older (Server 2000 compatible) versions of Powerchute to work with my Smart UPS 1500I?

Thanks in advance.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 10/4/2012 2:34 PM (in response to Paul)

i did some research and the last version that appears to have windows 2000 listed as compatible was v8.0.1. I will private message you with a link to download 8.0.1

for reference, i checked http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z5QEV_R19_EN.pdf

Edit for some reason it keeps telling me my private message is being rejected for an unknown reason. i'll email a link to you using your profile email.

• alexcraig
    Alex
    New Member New Member
    Alex 12/27/2012 5:47 PM (in response to Angela)

Season's Greetings all!

Alas, one of my older servers is still running Win2K and I am in need of a copy of powerchute business edition v8.0.1.

Can anyone provide me with a valid link?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Alex Craig

• triniwasp
    chris
    New Member New Member
    chris 6/12/2018 7:15 PM (in response to Angela)

Would you be able to send me the latest version of Powerchute Business that will run on Windows Server 2000 please?

Thank you!

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 6/13/2018 1:24 PM (in response to chris)

Chris,

The last version of PCBE we officially support with Win 2000 is PCBE 8.0.1 and that version is only compatible with Smart-UPS SU, SUA and Matrix UPS. What model UPS will you be connecting the Win 2000 system to? 

• triniwasp
    chris
    New Member New Member
    chris 6/13/2018 4:22 PM (in response to Bill)

Hi Bill,

It's a Back-UPS Pro BX1000. Any hope?

Thanks

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 6/13/2018 6:01 PM (in response to chris)

Chris,

Back-UPS BX models are not compatible with PowerChute Business Edition. I suggest trying APCUPSD for monitoring software. I have never tested on Windows 2000 but suspect it would work. They offer a bin file so it is fairly straight forward to install.

If the newer release will not work they do also offer older version on their site. 

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: