Loading ...

SNMPv3 Engine ID | UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software

SNMPv3 Engine ID

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Michael , 22 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Please review Schneider Electric Knowledge Base articles for assistance with most technical support questions.  http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs

Posted in: General

SNMPv3 Engine ID

Subscribe to RSS
  • maglaubig

I could use some guidance on how to either find or derive the SNMPv3 Engine ID across NMC versions 1 and 2, and I'm completely expecting that it may not be possible in version 1.  The purpose of this is the Engine ID is required to be defined on a trap receiver, otherwise the traps get dropped and this is unique to SNMPv3.  I plan on the NMC generating alerts and sending via SNMP versus email.

In updating a PDU to the latest firmware (6.7.2 on model# AP8865), there is now a place where the Engine ID under Configuration -> Network -> SNMPv3 -> Access.  I don't recall this on the previous version which was 6.5.6.  I had to find the Engine ID previously by bumping up logging on the trap receiver and tripping some traps, which across a few hundred devices isn't a very great proposition.

The documentation that I've been able to find thus far is rather light and I think I may have come across a method.  This appears to be a prefix "80 00 01 3E 03" and to finish off the SNMPv3 Engine ID, the MAC of the NMC is used.  I would like to first verify this is correct.  Additionally, I'd like to determine if there is a way to obtain it via the SSH at the console.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: