Loading ...

PCNS 4.3 and ESXi-6.7U2 support | UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software

Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » PCNS 4.3 and ESXi-6.7U2 support

PCNS 4.3 and ESXi-6.7U2 support

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Lee , 8/12/2019 11:03 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Please review Schneider Electric Knowledge Base articles for assistance with most technical support questions.  http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs

Posted in: General

PCNS 4.3 and ESXi-6.7U2 support

Subscribe to RSS
  • chench0

Greetings!

I am currently using PCNS 4.2 with ESXi-6.7U2 and everything works great besides vCenter failing to power on once in a while (after a power outage). Recently, I tried installing the 4.3 version of PCNS for VMware and while the machines were shutting down properly, they would fail to power on once the servers were manually restarted. I would receive the message "Find By IP" in each ESXi host. I am familiar with placing PowerChute in debug mode and plan to do so when I have some spare time but after configuring the 4.3 version exactly the same way as the 4.2, I don't see where the issue would be. Of course I did shutdown the 4.2 appliance when running a test with 4.3. 

Is there anything I should know before I proceed? Is there any issues I should be aware of with 4.3 of PCNS and ESXi-6.7U2?

• wpasquil
    This discussion is marked as answered

Hi,

On 8/12/2019 7:03 PM, Lee said:

, they would fail to power on once the servers were manually restarted.

Are the VMs failing to power on or the hosts? 

On 8/12/2019 7:03 PM, Lee said:

I am familiar with placing PowerChute in debug mode

In version 4.3 we enhanced the error logging so you should not need to place PCNS in debug mode. If you look at the error.log you should see what or where the failure is. There is also a debug log created but I would start with the error log. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: