Loading ...

Getting 802.1x to work | UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software

Getting 802.1x to work

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Erwin , 8/6/2019 10:02 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Please review Schneider Electric Knowledge Base articles for assistance with most technical support questions.  http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs

Posted in: General

Getting 802.1x to work

Subscribe to RSS
  • RN-network

We tried to enable 802.1x on an NMC 9631 v6.7.2 without success. Firstly, we need to insert a CA certificate, which is strange because the NMC does not need to verify it's own certificate. Anyway, that certificate is accepted. So no problem there. Secondly, we need to enter a key file in either PEM or DER format which are both simply not accepted by the NMC, The former resulting in a format error and the latter simply not giving a message at all.

Any ideas?

Attachments
  • RN-network

Bump. Am I the only one having this issue?

• B-DoubleE

Hi Erwin,

Is the private key encrypted? I believe the private key needs to be RSA private un-encrypted - I don't think using an encrypted key is supported.

• RN-network

The private key is not encrypted and is readible with "openssl rsa -text -in <key_name>". Although the page does offer an option for encrypted keys which suggests that an encrypted key would be acceptable. Nevertheless, we have tried this with an unencrypted key.

• damonvaughn

The private key has to be encrypted.  I have been trying to get this working off and on for months, still without success.  At one point I was able to get the CA, key and host certs on the nmc but saw via packet capture that a decrypt error was tanking the TLS handshake, so starting fresh this week.  I will let you know if I can get it going.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: