Loading ...

PowerChute Business Edition high CPU usage? | UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software

Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » PowerChute Business Edition high CPU usage?

PowerChute Business Edition high CPU usage?

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Kurt , 4/3/2019 11:19 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Please review Schneider Electric Knowledge Base articles for assistance with most technical support questions.  http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs

Posted in: General

PowerChute Business Edition high CPU usage?

Subscribe to RSS
  • vgamesx1

I recently installed the latest v10.0.1.301 and have noticed that it will jump to 25% or 100% of a single core of my quad core system instead of the usual 0.5% it should be using, I haven't had it happen often enough to determine if it's completely random but it does appear to be caused by putting the computer to sleep and waking it later, any suggestions on how to fix this?

• wpasquil

Hi,

You should contact local support at 800-855-2725 Option 1 Explain to the rep what is happening and they will create a support case for you. It would be helpful if you would supply a copy of the output form msinfo32.exe. Run msinfo32.exe and once open go to file export and export a copy to text. Also, a screenshot of the task manager showing pbeagent.exe, the model of UPS connected, if the UPS is connected via USB or serial. 

• vgamesx1

Alright thanks, I didn't want to call in at least not at the moment but I sent an email, would you like me to post that information here as well or is that unnecessary / can't help? Well anyway here's the task manager.

• vgamesx1
      This discussion is marked as answered

ok, I figured I should report back that I seemingly solved this issue by using DDU to uninstall then reinstall my AMD graphics drivers but after more testing it hasn't and so I have reverted back to version 9.5 and if I'm still having trouble then something really weird must be going on with my computer.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: