Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » Root password PowerChute Network Shutdown v4.2 VMware Virtual Appliance

Root password PowerChute Network Shutdown v4.2 VMware Virtual Appliance

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by First , 5/4/2018 2:54 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • mmzxz
    First
    Novice Novice
    First 5/4/2018 2:54 PM

I installed the PowerChute Network Shutdown v4.2 VMware Virtual Appliance. When the .ovf is deployed and the VM is powered on, you walk through a text based initial setup. In that setup, there's an option to change the root password which is what I did. After setting up all other parameters I closed the initial setup and now I'm presented with a login screen but I can't login because it won't accept the password.

At first I thought I f'd up in the initial setup by entering a different password from what I wrote down so I deleted the VM and started over again but at the second installation of the VM, I have the same problem. I can't login with username: root and password: changed at initial setup

What's the issue here?

edit: to avoid confusion, I'm talking about the Linux terminal account here, not the Powerchute account (Powerchute works fine).

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 5/4/2018 7:18 PM (in response to First)

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The root password is what is entered during the initial configuration. There is no back door password however you may find information on the web for resetting CentOS 7 root password.

I suggest reinstalling and configuring the root password to something simple as a test. Try PCNSlogin. You can change the password after once logged in with the command passwd. I would also create a secondary user and password during the initial setup.  

• jw4949
    Janis
    New Member New Member
    Janis 16 days ago (in response to First)

Hi

I've the exact same problem. Did you find a solution that worked for you?

Regards
    Janis Wolf

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: