Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » PCNS 4.2 macOS install hangs

PCNS 4.2 macOS install hangs

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Daniel , 10/17/2017 1:29 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • everyman
    Daniel
    Novice Novice
    Daniel 10/17/2017 1:29 AM

Trying to install PCNS on a pair of Mac Minis.  After installing the required JDK, both installs get stuck at

Saving configuration information...

Please wait.

I'm not sure what I'm waiting for, but it's been hours.  Surely something is wrong.

I've tried completely deleting Java and reinstalling, then restarting the PCNS installer.  No joy.

Thanks for any hints/clues/suggestions you have.

macOS 10.12, macOS 10.13

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 10/17/2017 4:28 PM (in response to Daniel)

Hi,

Would you attach errors.log and pcnsinst.log file. I would like to review them to see what is being recorded. Also, what JDK are you installing?

• everyman
    Daniel
    Novice Novice
    Daniel 10/17/2017 6:19 PM (in response to Bill)

Logs are attached.

One of the things that has been puzzling me is the disappearance of the installer folder.  All of it, including the downloaded tar archive.  That didn't happen on this particular attempt, but it has been happening.  Odd.  All of it.

Attachments
  • everyman
    Daniel
    Novice Novice
    Daniel 10/18/2017 12:58 PM (in response to Daniel)

Solved.

I believe the problem is using JDK 9.  After fully removing and starting over I was able to get this going. Deleting all Safari caches and history got me past the subsequent "could not open page" error.  Problems now are getting PCNS to authenticate and connect to the UPS, but that's a separate issue.

• joelcarlton
    Joel
    Novice Novice
    Joel 5/10/2018 4:23 PM (in response to Daniel)

10.12.6 just hangs on Please wait while PowerChute registers with the Network Management Card(s). This may take a few minutes..

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 5/10/2018 6:22 PM (in response to Joel)

Hi,

What JDK do you have installed on the OS? PCNS is not compatible with anything grater than JDK 8.172

See forum post http://forums.apc.com/spaces/7/ups-management-devices-powerchute-software/forums/general/84896/powerchute-with-macs

• joelcarlton
    Joel
    Novice Novice
    Joel 5/11/2018 1:36 PM (in response to Bill)

➜  ~ java -version 

java version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: