Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » PowerChute Network Shutdown for Synology NAS

PowerChute Network Shutdown for Synology NAS

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Chauw , 9/8/2015 6:40 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • chauwwen
    Chauw
    New Member New Member
    Chauw 9/8/2015 6:40 PM

Hello...  recently my company just purchased Synology NAS, and I think this device is great for putting UPS to sleep in case of power failure because the NAS is the last device to turn off, and it also draws very little power compared to other computer.

The problem is all of our Smart UPS are controlled by AP9619, and the Synology built in UPS function cannot turn off the UPS via UPS-SNMP mode.  Synology built in UPS function can turn off locally connected UPS (via USB port), but it is not viable in networked environment.

Could APC make PowerChute Network Shutdown for Synology DSM? 

I think Synology users are quite much coupled with the fact that APC is the most commonly used UPS brand, so I think that the effort to make PCNS for DSM won't be wasted.

Latest DSM version is 5.2

Thank you for your attention.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 9/8/2015 7:48 PM (in response to Chauw)

Hi,

I will send your request to the Product Manager. A network option you have now is to write a script PowerChute will run prior to OS shutdown that will command the Synology system down. Another option is to connect to the UPS via USB and use the built in shutdown option. You can have the Synology system connected to the UPS via USB while the other systems are communicating over the network.

• gustavocurzio
    Gustavo
    New Member New Member
    Gustavo 5/9/2018 2:01 PM (in response to Bill)
    On 9/8/2015 4:48 PM, Bill said:

Hi,

I will send your request to the Product Manager. A network option you have now is to write a script PowerChute will run prior to OS shutdown that will command the Synology system down. Another option is to connect to the UPS via USB and use the built in shutdown option. You can have the Synology system connected to the UPS via USB while the other systems are communicating over the network.

Hi, 

Could you please advise if i can use Synology 916+ with APC BR1500 (BZ1500PBI-BR) model, via USB to shutdown? it will work with this model?

Thank you,

• joelcarlton
    Joel
    Novice Novice
    Joel 5/11/2018 4:44 PM (in response to Gustavo)

Has there been any movement on this case? I have a synology nas and would also like to find a networked solution to this.

• gustavocurzio
    Gustavo
    New Member New Member
    Gustavo 5/11/2018 4:53 PM (in response to Joel)
    On 5/11/2018 1:44 PM, Joel said:

Has there been any movement on this case? I have a synology nas and would also like to find a networked solution to this.

Hi,

i asked yesterday but didn´t have awnser yet, are you from Brazil too?

Im trying to find a network ups that can turn off synology NAS with a good price

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 5/11/2018 5:12 PM (in response to Gustavo)

You could try installing APCUPSd on your Synology NAS:

https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19378

• Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: