Loading ...

| UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software

Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » Error registering with NMCs

Error registering with NMCs

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Kim , 6/16/2015 3:33 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Announcement 

Please review Schneider Electric Knowledge Base articles for assistance with most technical support questions.  http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs

Posted in: General

Error registering with NMCs

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hi,

I have installed NMCs in two of my APC UPS devices and am trying to register them with PowerChute. One registers fine, one repeatedly fails with the error "Error registering with the Network Management Card(s)".

The log says Security information is incorrect. The username is correct (am using the super user username and password - I can login to the NMC fine), so it must be the authentication phrase. I have tried the default "admin user phrase" as this works with the other UPS, however no luck. Where can I change this authentication phrase? It's not clear in the menus where this can be done - where is the option to view/change this?

I have tried pasting "admin user phrase" into Configuration > Sync Control, as this is the only place I could find reference to an "Authentication Phrase", but am guessing that's wrong!

Please assist.

Thanks,

Kim

• This discussion is marked as answered

Hello Kim,

Check under Configuration -> Shutdown and specifically under PowerChute Network Shutdown parameters. Look at the authentication phrase and make sure the "User Name" aligns with what you used during registration too. Let me know if the screenshot doesn't align with what you see or if you have questions.

(Sync control is for syncing NMCs in UPSs for control commands - like you can issue a command to reboot one UPS and the other that is synced would follow.)

• Ahhh... That figures... I had the wrong user selected! Wasn't aware of the link between user and authentication phrase.

Many thanks for your help.

Kim

• No problem! In earlier devices/firmware, it was always aligned with the administrator on the NMC but the v6.X.X green and white firmware now supports multiple users/administrators so now the user needs to select a username from that drop down list for the registration. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: