Loading ...

Masterswitch AP9210 Password Reset | Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling

Home » Spaces » Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling » discussion » General » Masterswitch AP9210 Password Reset

Masterswitch AP9210 Password Reset

Discussion in Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling started by CHARLES , 12/17/2015 12:11 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Masterswitch AP9210 Password Reset

Subscribe to RSS
  • mlaverick

Thank you. I will try to retrieve these values tommoro or by Wednesday...

Thank you!

Michelle

• mlaverick

Matt,

Thanks for this. Today I found the time to unplug all the devices and extract the PDU, and took some photos of the device in question to capture the details for you...

The Model Number is: AP92101

The Serial Number is: WA9842018866

The Mac Address: is 00:C0:B7:72:03:D2

I hope this is enough information for you to help me :-)

Serial Number

Mac Address

• treffin

Hi Bill,

I also have a very old AP9210 that needs a password recovered/generated if you don't mind, please sir.  Here is the info:

Model AP9210

Mac: 00:C0:B7:92:07:DE

S/N: WA9739209232

I do realize that APC is recommending that these be taken out of service.  And we have done as suggested for all business case usage. However the units have proven themselves to be quite useful for home and hobby purposes.  This one is going to keep me from having to get out of bed in the middle of the night, in the dead of winter, and go through the house and across the back yard just to turn off the lights in my woodworking shop once again.  Old age really sucks.  But APC makes it more bearable for some of us!!  Thanks for your time and your assistance.  -David 

• mlaverick

Hi Matt,

Here's the details you requested

Thanks for this. Today I found the time to unplug all the devices and extract the PDU, and took some photos of the device in question to capture the details for you...

The Model Number is: AP92101

The Serial Number is: WA9842018866

The Mac Address: is 00:C0:B7:72:03:D2

I hope this is enough information for you to help me :-)

• mlaverick

Hi there, 

I wondered if you had an update on supplying a password for this PDU?

I supplied the details needed a couple of days ago...

Thank you

Michelle 

• treffin

Hi Michelle,

I too have been waiting on a password reset.  But meanwhile I think I figured out the algorithm to generate the codes, like one of the other users in this thread did awhile back.  I ran your serial number through it and came up with the following code:

13;<;<^IBB?>

I hope that will work for you.  I just finished deciphering my own and the code I generated worked just fine on my unit.  So maybe it'll work for yours as well.  If you need further instructions, follow the directions on one of the posts written by the APC guys in this thread.

peace,

David

• mlaverick

David,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time out to work out the password for me. I admire your community spirit!

Sadly, I couldn't get the password you supplied to work. To validate I was typing the correct text - i used the username field to test my typing as this shows plain text, and there are some odd characters used like the ^ character. I also change the font in a text file to valid that it's a capital I used rather then the pipe character |. Without serif's it sometimes difficult to determine the character...

So I don't know what do except to ask if you could try to calculate again the password... or else I will wait for the APC to respond...

Thanks once again!

Michelle

• wpasquil

Hi,

I ran the serial number provided and the password is 13;<;<^IBB?>

Use lower case apc for user name in either hyper-terminal or telnet (won't work via the web)

Use the following for password  13;<;<^IBB?> (any letters are capitalized)

You will then have to log in again but use lower case apc for both user name and password

Please note that these units are no longer supported, and we recommend taking them out of service. 

• mlaverick

Whoop! I made it work...

I misunderstood the process. didn't realise the mere act of sending that password, would then allow apc/apc...

I now have control over my PDU! :-)

MANY! MANY! Thanks :-)

Michelle 

• padred727

After following this thread for 4 years(TIME FLIES) I've decided to do what nobody else seems to want to do and release an online password generator.  You can find it at the link below.  It's really impressive that people are still using these devices 25 years later..  Please LMK if you have any issues.

Page 3 of 3 (60 items)
Choose your language: