Loading ...

What, specifically, triggers a DC Bus Over Volt fault? | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » What, specifically, triggers a DC Bus Over Volt fault?

What, specifically, triggers a DC Bus Over Volt fault?

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Aaron , 4/9/2021 8:46 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

What, specifically, triggers a DC Bus Over Volt fault?

Subscribe to RSS
  • I have a ~9 year old SMX2000RMLV2UNC that had been sitting unused for the past few years. I went to check it recently (expecting a dead battery) but what I got was a "DC Bus Over Volt" fault as soon as I turned on the output. Like I said, I was expecting the battery pack to be toast, but I was also expecting the unit to turn on even with bad batteries.

Now I'm faced with the choice of gambling $400 on a new battery pack. It might clear the fault, or it might be a battery pack incompatible with a new UPS I'll be forced to buy.

So my question is: what specific condition triggers this error? Which DC bus is being measured? What is the correct voltage for that bus and what voltage triggers this fault? And is there a specific component that has typically failed to cause this error?

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: