Loading ...

Smart UPS-3000 Imminent Battery Failure? | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Smart UPS-3000 Imminent Battery Failure?

Smart UPS-3000 Imminent Battery Failure?

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Simon , 11/11/2019 4:29 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Smart UPS-3000 Imminent Battery Failure?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Ops_Opal

Recently we had to replace the battery in an identical UPS bought and commissioned at a similar time to three others (it will be 3 years in March I believe). Now the two UPS's I have onsite (not the one that failed) pass all their Self Tests, both have 100% charge, and nothing seems amiss on the logs. But one has 4 mins life and one has 22~ mins according to the LCD. This has got me concerned and I can't find any more detailed log from a self test or anymore meaningful information. Is it likely this one is also about to fail? Are there anymore informative tests I can run? Can this be periodically performed (if it exists)?

I am especially watchful on this given we had a recent power cut, and there was no controlled shutdown. But I know this was down to misconfiguration of the PCNS. I am getting the house in order on that front but I want o make sure the hardware is all in good health before I push the red button so to speak on the PCNS config.

• MattK

Hi Simon

You may want to perform a runtime calibration on the UPS

Here's an FAQ with the steps 

https://www.apc.com/uk/en/faqs/index?page=content&id=FA284198&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US#__highlight

Regards

Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: