Loading ...

Smart UPS 1500 (SMT1500C) Giving Error Codes | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Smart UPS 1500 (SMT1500C) Giving Error Codes

Smart UPS 1500 (SMT1500C) Giving Error Codes

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Tim , 9/9/2019 12:42 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Smart UPS 1500 (SMT1500C) Giving Error Codes

Subscribe to RSS
  • Techowl

I have an SMT1500C that has suddenly started generating alarm code b.04 and specifically charger event 186. The latter was discovered by checking the log entry on the LCD screen.The UPS shuts off the outputs when the b.04 error pops up. I can run the UPS on battery output until the batteries die I suppose, so I can get some info if needed.

Can anyone advise as to the issue here? Hopefully the unit isn't a lost cause as it is just over 2 years old.

Thanks,

- Techowl -

• wpasquil

Hi,

Try to reset the UPS.

1) Turn off and unplug UPS from wall
    2) Disconnect Battery
    3) You may hear an audible "click" from the UPS.
    4) Reconnect battery, plug unit back in the wall, and turn UPS back on

If that does not resolve the issue you should contact local support. The unit is stall under the 3 year factory warranty. 

Local support contact information will be found at this link. https://www.apc.com/us/en/support/contact-us/index.jsp

You may need to change the support region in the upper left of the web page. 

• Techowl

Thanks for the info.

Been There Done That.

I will get the purchase info from work to make sure of the purchase date.

I thought it only had a 2 year warranty, so thanks for updating me on that point.

- Tim -

• Techowl

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get an action from APC. I submitted a ticket on their website, and they sent a generic email similar to above, which I responded to promptly, then nothing. I have tried sending another email a few days ago, but still no action. I feel they are ignoring me and the issue I have with this APC product. 

- Tim -

• wpasquil

Tim,

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience. I have contacted the responsible tech team and have been told that a rep has contacted you. If you need further assistance, please reply and I will ask the appropriate team to contact you ASAP. 

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill

• Techowl

I still have not heard anything back after sending a pic the the label and address info. I started a ticket with APC 25 days ago and still have no UPS online. This level of support is ridiculous.

• wpasquil

Tim,

What is the ticket number you were given when you opened the support case? 

• Techowl

The first number I got was Case Reference #: 62779723

The emails come with "ref:_00DA0abSm._5001Hzlr0C:ref" in the Header  

Thanks,

- Tim -

• wpasquil

Tim,

I have followed up with the responsible team and they will be contacting you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bill

• Techowl

Wow, thanks Bill.

You must have rattled a few chains to get the ball rolling.

I am now waiting on a replacement unit to be shipped when stock arrives. I will then send the defective on back.

I now know the best way to get action is in this forum.

Thanks again,

- Techowl -

• Techowl

Just a final note to follow up.

I got the replacement Wednesday Oct 16th.

It is up and running fine.

Sent back the defective unit Friday Oct 18th.

Thanks for all your help Bill.

- Techowl -

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Choose your language: