Loading ...

SRT8KXLI on 2-phase (1277v) is possible? | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » SRT8KXLI on 2-phase (1277v) is possible?

SRT8KXLI on 2-phase (1277v) is possible?

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Jonis , 8/26/2019 11:58 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

SRT8KXLI on 2-phase (1277v) is possible?

Subscribe to RSS
  • jmaurin

Hi!

I just got an SRT8KXLI and I know that this model is only 220v (single or three phase). I have 3-phase (127v each) + N....I tried to wire as 3-phase and UPS start up, but doesn't work, say that AC power is not enought (and display 127v).

My question is: since I don't have single-phase 220v line, can I use 2 phases wired into L1 and N? I use this wiring in another 220v single phase devices, like my welding machine......but I'm not sure if I can use in this UPS too.

I'm 98% sure that I can without any problem.....but I'm asking before try :)

• s.v.s

Hi Jonis,

The SRT8KXLI (and other 230V UPS models), in a single phase application, expect the following input conditions:

L-N: 230V nominal

L-G: 230V nominal (will typically follow L-N voltage)

N-G: 0V nominal

The neutral circuit normally carries current back to the source. Neutral is usually connected to ground at the main electrical panel, and also at the final step-down transformer of the supply. As such, care must be taken that the neutral conductor never rises to a high voltage with respect to local ground - using L2 as neutral does not substitute the function of neutral. Wiring both phases into L1 and N would result in introducing voltage on the neutral while at the same time providing low voltage on the phase - this wouldn't work for a 230V UPS.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: