Loading ...

Failed SMX750i firmware upgrade | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Failed SMX750i firmware upgrade

Failed SMX750i firmware upgrade

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Kacper , 17 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Failed SMX750i firmware upgrade

Subscribe to RSS
  • kacper

Hello,

After a firmware upgrade to my SMX750i the serial/usb connection is no longer available and the NMC2 reports that it has lost the connection to the UPS. I've tried the brain-dead procedure but that didn't work either. On Windows the UPS shows up as a HID device but the firmware wizard is unable to communicate with the UPS, serial is completely dead.

I've spoken to a APC representative on the phone and he basically told me my unit is bricked and that APC is unable/unwilling to repair my unit.

I'm quiet baffled that APC is unwilling to provide repair service on a unit that cost a lot of money. Could the APC representative have been misinformed?

• s.v.s

Hi Kacper,

Sorry, that must have been a miscommunication! I will contact you via the case you've opened with our tech support in order to assist with recovering your UPS.

• kacper

I don't think who ever I spoke to opened a support case. He never asked for my contact information just the model and serial number of my unit.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: