Loading ...

Copy settings from one server to another | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Copy settings from one server to another

Copy settings from one server to another

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Dan , 7/29/2019 7:18 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Copy settings from one server to another

Subscribe to RSS
  • dbdan22

Hi,

I have 2 SMC100C's, each connected to a server via USB. Servers have PowerChute 10.0.1.

Would like to copy the settings from one server to another. Is there a way to export the settings and import them?

Thanks.

• wpasquil

Hi,

Sorry but PCBE does not offer that option. 

• dbdan22
    On 7/30/2019 9:54 AM, Bill said:

Sorry but PCBE does not offer that option. 

Someone might want to correct the documentation then...

What it doesn't say is what settings are transferable, or how to go about doing this.

• wpasquil

Dan,

I apologize. I should have said it is possible but I do not recommend doing so. I should not have said the feature is not available.

PCBE does offer the ability to copy settings from 1 system to another however unlike PCNS and our NMCs most settings are not editable with a text editor. To make changes you have to edit using the web interface and because of this the convenience of copying is limited. Along with that you may need to copy 2 files depending on your needs.

Within PCBE there is pcbeconfig.ini that stores info for SNMP. That files is plan text. The pcbeconfig.ini can be edited and copied from 1 system to another. You can also change the user name and password using the pcbeconfig.ini file. See FAQ FA340982 for info on changing user name and or password.

Event settings, shutdown settings, and UPS info are saved in the M11.cfg file. This is not a text file and is encrypted for security. The saved settings can only be edited from within the web interface. You can copy this file from 1 system to another however I normally do not recommend copying the M11.cfg. Not only are the event, shutdown, and UPS info saved but the user name and password are included in this file. Because of this when copying the M11.cfg file you would be using the same user name and password for both agent. Depending on the environment this could pose a security risk. To mitigate the risk you could change the user name and password by editing the pcbeconfig.ini at the same time as swapping M11.cfg file. 

NOTE: when making changes to the pcbeconfig.ini file and or replacing the M11.cfg file you should stop the PowerChute server and restart once the file has been edited or replaced. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: