Loading ...

Smart-UPS SmartConnect without Cloud on LAN / VPN | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Smart-UPS SmartConnect without Cloud on LAN / VPN

Smart-UPS SmartConnect without Cloud on LAN / VPN

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Aboce , 3/28/2019 11:24 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Smart-UPS SmartConnect without Cloud on LAN / VPN

Subscribe to RSS
  • Orey

Is it possible to manage Smart-UPS SMT models via the (SmartConnect) Ethernet port without using any cloud service?

I do not want the UPS to communicate with any external service (SmartConnect Cloud ) via the Internet because I have privacy and security concerns about this.

It would be great if I could manage my Smart-UPS SMT models on my LAN / VPN via the SmartConnect Ethernet port.

Is this possible somehow?

• wpasquil

Hi,

sorry the SmartConnect LAN is designed to communicate with the SmartConnect cloud only. If you would like to monitor and manage your Smart-UPS on the local LAN you should install a network management card. Part number AP9630, AP9631, or AP9635. 

• Orey

Thank you for your answer!

It is very disappointing that I am forced to use the built-in ethernet card with the cloud and LAN usage is not supported.

Anyone concerned about security and privacy hold off from cloud services.

A few years ago maybe this was marketable but nowadays no one want to use these spying services...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: