Loading ...

SUA750I (SmartUPS750) - USB port not working when AP9619 management card installed | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » SUA750I (SmartUPS750) - USB port not working when AP9619 management card installed

SUA750I (SmartUPS750) - USB port not working when AP9619 management card installed

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by John , 3/20/2019 2:16 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

SUA750I (SmartUPS750) - USB port not working when AP9619 management card installed

Subscribe to RSS
  • d146895x

I have a SmartUPS 750 connected to a Buffalo Linkstation NAS. As the linkstation does not have a UPS management interface (only a simple "connected, shutdown when battery" low check box) I decided to install a network management card so that I could check the UPS health etc. remotely. However, when I power up the UPS after installing the AP9619 card, the USB port is disabled and the Buffalo NAS no longer detects the UPS as connected. 

I disconnected the UPS from the NAS and connected it to my Windows PC and exactly the same happens:

With management card installed - No USB - windows cannot see the UPS

With management card not installed - USB works fine, PC detects UPS

Looking for a workaround or is this just 'The way it is'

Thanks

John

• liamg

Hi John - 

With that model it is "the way it is". With an SMT750I you would be able to use both at the same time.

Thanks,

Liam

• d146895x

Thanks Liam - I'll just manage without the management!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: