Loading ...

SMT750RM2UC just charge battery up to 98% (never complete 100%) | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » SMT750RM2UC just charge battery up to 98% (never complete 100%)

SMT750RM2UC just charge battery up to 98% (never complete 100%)

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Carlos , 2/27/2019 7:05 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

SMT750RM2UC just charge battery up to 98% (never complete 100%)

Subscribe to RSS
  • cgonzalez81084

Hi all,

We recently buy 3 x APC SMT750RM2UC, but one of them don't complete the battery charging process, just up to 98%. The other two units showed as fully charged in 6 hours more less. We tried replace the battery module with other one installed and charged by one of the other 2 units, but the same issue happened, the UPS show the battery as 98% charged (see attach) and this is an issue for us.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Attachments
  • s.v.s

hi Carols,

If you have already cross tested the SMT750RM2UC with one of the batteries from the other systems and experienced the same behavior, it may be that the UPS run time requires calibration. I recommend performing the manual calibration instead of the one initiated form the UPS LCD display, please follow the second method described in this Kbase article.

• BlueSky

If I am not mistaken, I believe the battery charge has to be at 100% to initiate a calibration cycle and, with his at 98%, it probably would not start the calibration.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: