Loading ...

SmartUPS X 1500 not recognizing that a battery is connected. Battery seemingly tested good. | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » SmartUPS X 1500 not recognizing that a battery is connected. Battery seemingly tested good.

SmartUPS X 1500 not recognizing that a battery is connected. Battery seemingly tested good.

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by john , 2/24/2019 12:47 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

SmartUPS X 1500 not recognizing that a battery is connected. Battery seemingly tested good.

Subscribe to RSS
  • networkier

My UPS is not recognizing that a battery is connected. I tested the batteries individually and all four tested between 12.95v-13.30v. When I power on the UPS while connected to utility power, the UPS is able to run and power devices just fine, but, it does not recognize that a battery is connected. When I turn on the UPS while not connected to utility power, the UPS recognizes the battery temporarily, says it's charged 98% and has a 4 hour run-time, then the UPS turns off. 

Is this a battery related issue? Or is the UPS toast? 

• networkier

So I got my hands on another SMX1500 and tested the battery on that one. Looks like the battery appears to be the issue here. I tested a good battery in the problem UPS unit and it worked without issues. 

• BlueSky

Good to know.  My SMT1000 is intermittently saying that the "battery is connected incorrectly" and then a few seconds later it says every thing is fine.  Even though the battery is less than a year old I may replace it just to be sure.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: