Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Synology high-availability cluster and Smart-UPS SMT1500I

Synology high-availability cluster and Smart-UPS SMT1500I

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Pierre-Yves , 7/10/2018 12:28 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • morganti
    Pierre-Yves
    New Member New Member
    Pierre-Yves 7/10/2018 12:28 PM
    Hello,
    I would like to create a High Availability configuration with two Synology DS3018xs and connect them via an UPS to the power grid. I thought to use a Smart-UPS SMT1500I with an APC UPS Network Management Card 2 because I read in Synology's documentation that it is strongly recommended to use an SNMP UPS for deployments of Synology High Availability.
    However, the Smart-UPS SMT1500I model is not in the Synology compatibility list but the Smart-UPS SMT1500 is. I checked with Synology support developers, they recommend consulting you to confirm the difference between the 2 models. If you confirmed me, that those models are identical, it should work.
    In advance, thank you very much for your advice.
    Best regards from Switzerland,
    P.-Y. Morgantini
  • wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 7/10/2018 3:42 PM (in response to Pierre-Yves)

Hi,

The units are basically the same and will function similarly with the NMC. The SMT1500I is the international version of the SMT1500. The SMT1500I supports 230 volt 50 Hz input / output to IEC receptacles. The SMT1500 supports 120 volt 60 Hz input / output to NEMA 5 -15 receptacles. 

• morganti
    Pierre-Yves
    New Member New Member
    Pierre-Yves 7/10/2018 4:05 PM (in response to Bill)

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Best regards,

P.-Y. Morgantini

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: