Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » UPS firmware upgrade version discrepancy

UPS firmware upgrade version discrepancy

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Joe , 5/10/2018 9:22 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • BlueSky
    Joe
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Joe 5/10/2018 9:22 AM

Hi Folks,

I was looking for the latest firmware revision levels for my UPS systems.  A couple of my systems use ID20 firmware.  KB FA170679 shows that version 10.1 is the latest version.  Clicking and attempting to download the target on that link produces version 9.9 of the firmware.

Could someone please point me to the correct link to obtain version 10.1 of the firmware?

Thanks much!

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 5/10/2018 10:40 PM (in response to Joe)

I see it in Firmware Update Images under FA281865.

• BlueSky
    Joe
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Joe 5/11/2018 10:46 AM (in response to voidstar)

Thanks Voidstar.  I guess you have to land on the correct FA number and, in my case, I landed on the incorrect one.

Interestingly, I also find that over the past several years I have downloaded several copies of the file "FirmwareUpdateImages v4.1.zip" and there are several versions of the various firmware files for each ID even though the name of the zip file remains the same.  Software QC or QA needs to take a look at their processes and file naming conventions.

Thanks again!

• voidstar
    voidstar
    Expert Expert
    voidstar 5/11/2018 7:49 PM (in response to Joe)

If it helps by way of explanation, the one you landed on earlier is NMC specific and those files show a progress bar. The ones I pointed out will show an indeterminate progress bar (NMC doesn't know the length of the update) unless updating via USB.

• BlueSky
    Joe
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Joe 5/11/2018 7:52 PM (in response to voidstar)

Yes, it helps.  Thanks again!

• Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: