Loading ...

Critical - UPS: The battery voltage exceeds the nominal battery voltage rat | Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Critical - UPS: The battery voltage exceeds the nominal battery voltage rat
Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Critical - UPS: The battery voltage exceeds the nominal battery voltage rat

Subscribe to RSS
  • dhirvin

Critical - UPS: The battery voltage exceeds the nominal battery voltage rating.

Does anyone know exactly what the above alert means in terms of impact and meaning?

Kind regards.

• ipicKedawinna

ok, how many times did you get this alert, it may be helpful to show us the data.txt and event.txt so we can see what happened over a period of time. the battery voltage looks ok to me at ~217vDC.

you can use these instructions to get event.txt and data.txt -> http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9321

• ipicKedawinna

this means that the battery voltage on your UPS is above the normal expected value. to help you further, we will need:

• the exact UPS model - preferably off the white sticker on the actual unit
    • the battery voltage reading

from there, we can find out what the nominal rating is and then see what the issue is.

• dhirvin

The model is: Smart-UPS RT 3000 XL

Battery Voltage is 217.93 VDC

UPS input voltage is 240.46 VAC @ 49.95 Hz

UPS output voltage is 230.20 VAC @49.96 Hz

• dhirvin

Please see attached

Attachments
  • ipicKedawinna

ok, well after researching, the battery voltage reading should indeed be a little lower, closer to 206-210vDC. from the data log, we are seeing 217-218vDC.

can you tell me the first few digits of the serial number so i can tell how old this is? also, can you tell me how old these batteries are or if you just replaced them? based on that, i can then research even further to provide you some recommended action. alternatively, if you want, you can call tech support but i believe we will need to take some action here to remedy this issue, i just don't know what specifically it is yet.

lastly, i noticed your NMC2 firmware is not the latest revision. i attached the latest rev if you'd like to upgrade, which i recommend to take advantage of some great features like email authentication and IPv6.

• ipicKedawinna

hmm. i am not sure to be honest. i asked around and it was recommended to contact APC support in your region so they can properly escalate it to the engineering team to look into it with all of the details.

• dhirvin

Serial Number: NS1012005420
    Firmware Revision: 5.1
    Manufacture Date: 03/17/2010

• dhirvin

Also note firmware has been updated.

• rosmond

Hi Guy's,

I'm having exactly the same problem with a brand new installation.

The model is a SURTD5000XLI
    The battery voltage is 217.78 VDC

UPS seems to be working fine otherwise. Is there any further information I need to supply?

Regards,

Rod

Attachments
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Choose your language: