Loading ...

| Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM

Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » An automatic voltage regulator (AVR) relay fault exists

An automatic voltage regulator (AVR) relay fault exists

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by slade , 10/27/2015 1:58 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

An automatic voltage regulator (AVR) relay fault exists

Subscribe to RSS
  • sherman

Is this a call to replace the ups all together or is there something that can be done? 

Also I was wondering if what is in the log, that i will attach, is an issue with the power input or if the relay going out is causing these errors?

link to logs (the times and dates are off)

http://pastebin.com/gFyHb3Gu

thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

• Jordan.Cabral

Hello,

What is the model of your UPS?  Usually, depending on your UPS, an AVR fault deems a replacement necessary.  The AVR is what is compensating for the low input voltages noted in your logs (which if true is an input/utility power problem).

If you can let us know the UPS model and serial number, we may be able to instruct you on a troubleshooting procedure to try and clear the fault.

Regards,

-JC
  • sherman

the model is a Smart-UPS X 1500 and the serial is AS1105223006

• Jordan.Cabral

I would recommend what we call a braindead procedure:

1- Turn off the UPS

2- Unplug all load

3- Unplug the unit from utility

4- Disconnect all batteries

5- Hold down the power button for about 20 seconds

6- Reconnect the batteries, unit, and load

7- Bring the unit back online

If the fault clears, that is great, but if it does not, it is a true AVR fault and the UPS needs replacement.

Regards,

-JC
  • trlindley

Jordan.

thanks for your suggestion. after following your troubleshooting steps it did finally reboot and for about 4-5 seconds i thought it would be ok but then it clicked and gave the p.06 error once again. I am reaching out to APC for warrenty as the unit is within its first two years of service. ( we installed it about 1 year ago. 

I will let you know what we determine.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: