Loading ...

Back-ups BX1100C-IN power supply in surge outlet while turned off. | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Back-ups BX1100C-IN power supply in surge outlet while turned off.

Back-ups BX1100C-IN power supply in surge outlet while turned off.

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by george , 6/24/2020 10:42 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Back-ups BX1100C-IN power supply in surge outlet while turned off.

Subscribe to RSS
  • george445

Can some one tell me whether is it normal to have power supplied in surge only socket, while the UPS is turned off and connected to AC main .

1. I've connected UPS to AC mains.

2. power supply in surge only socket , even when the ups is turned off.

I expected all 5 sockets in the UPS to halt power output when i turn off ups by pressing the main green power button. but power is still supplied in surge only socket till i disconnect ups from wall main power socket.

• wpasquil

Hi,

On 6/24/2020 6:42 AM, george said:

I expected all 5 sockets in the UPS to halt power output when i turn off ups by pressing the main green power button. but power is still supplied in surge only socket till i disconnect ups from wall main power socket.

The power will continue to pass through the surge only outlets as long as the UPS is plugged into a good AC source. This by design to allow the outlet to be utilized when the UPS is off. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: