Loading ...

Back-UPS BX1100C 1000VA: Fan turns on after switching off UPS and removing cable from mains | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Back-UPS BX1100C 1000VA: Fan turns on after switching off UPS and removing cable from mains

Back-UPS BX1100C 1000VA: Fan turns on after switching off UPS and removing cable from mains

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Abhijit , 6/7/2020 5:57 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Back-UPS BX1100C 1000VA: Fan turns on after switching off UPS and removing cable from mains

Subscribe to RSS
  • Abhijit112

Hi,

I purchased APC BX1100C 1000VA UPS 2 days back. It is working fine. However when I shutdown my computer, switch off the UPS using the On/Off switch on the UPS and then disconnect the UPS cable from the wall socket, the fan inside the UPS switches on. Is this normal or is something wrong with the unit I have received? If this is normal, how long should it take for the fan to stop spinning? Or do I need to keep the UPS connected to the wall socket 24x7?

Thanks in advance. 

• wpasquil

Hi,

A Back-UPS is designed to remain connected to AC source 7/24. As for the fan, I recommend contacting local support. They have been trained to support that specific model UPS. 

Local support contact information will be found at this link.

https://www.apc.com/us/en/support/contact-us/index.jsp

You will need to change the region in the upper left of the contact us web page. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: