Loading ...

APC BACK-UPS 1400VA, 230V. RJ45 ports | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » APC BACK-UPS 1400VA, 230V. RJ45 ports

APC BACK-UPS 1400VA, 230V. RJ45 ports

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by laurent , 5/18/2020 8:57 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

APC BACK-UPS 1400VA, 230V. RJ45 ports

Subscribe to RSS
  • laurenttaieb

Hi guys,

I struggle to determine if this UPS can be connected to the LAN.

I've tried the 2 RJ45 ports and my switch doesn't show any led.

My aim was to use PowerChute Network to stop my devices once battery is running on low levels on a power cut.

Any help would be welcome.

• MattK

Hi

The RJ45 ports are for data line surge protection.

The Back UPS range can only use Powerchute Personal Edition via the USB port.

Regards

Matt 

• Flavs

Hi Matt,

I try to understand your reply, as I have the same issue, but I'm not very knowledgeable in this type of devices, so I'm afraid I don't quite get your answer.

My idea was to channel my connection from the router to the back-ups to my computer. If I understand properly, this is not the way it works?

Thank you!

Best

flavia

• MattK
    This discussion is marked as answered

Hi Flavia

The back ups range uses a USB serial connection directly into your pc to use the Powerchute application. 

The two Rj45 ports you see are to protect your data lines from surges (your internet cat 5 cable from the outside world goes into the In port and another cat 5 cable goes from the out port into your router)

Regards

Matt

• Flavs

Hi Matt,

Thank you! Now I understand!

Have a great day ahead.

best

flavia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: