Loading ...

Terrible USB Behaviour - Back-UPS BX700UI | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Terrible USB Behaviour - Back-UPS BX700UI

Terrible USB Behaviour - Back-UPS BX700UI

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Robin , 5/3/2020 3:47 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Terrible USB Behaviour - Back-UPS BX700UI

Subscribe to RSS
  • robinxe

I recently took delivery of a Back-UPS BX700UI (though it reports itself as an XS-700U!?) to hold-over my networking equipment in case of power failures.

After configuring the network devices to interface with the UPS, connected to the router via USB, the power was interrupted, to test the performance and behaviour under failure conditions.

Putting aside the fact that the UPS was reporting over an hour of battery life while on line power, yet only achieved 22 minutes, powering only the router and switch (15W-ish), as the NAS shut down gracefully, I was disappointed to discover that I was no longer able to interface with the UPS via USB when power was restored.

Frustratingly long story short (yes, different USB cables, direct to laptop with PowerChute, etc.), I was only able to recover the USB functionality by pulling, and re-inserting, the battery jumper!! (HT to user here who experienced the same in Jan 2019)

I consider this utterly unacceptable USB behaviour from a power-assurance device! Not only did this render the network devices unable to be brought back up, on line-power restoration, but it required a fiddly manual intervention to restore functionality.

Please tell me there is a fix for this behaviour!?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: