Loading ...

BACK-UPS CS 650 | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » BACK-UPS CS 650

BACK-UPS CS 650

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Stefania , 10/4/2019 2:25 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

BACK-UPS CS 650

Subscribe to RSS
  • fornelli

Hello, sorry for my English, I hope who read could understand it.

We have an old BACK-UPS CS 650 into the office, of which I didn't have the chance to recover the PC connection cable, so I wanted to know if it was possible to monitor it using a LAN cable in the Data port of the UPS and a LAN-USB adapter for the USB input in the laptop I would use to monitor the battery.

I tried to install the PowerChute software on the laptop but the installation always tells me that it doesn't signal the battery so it doesn't work (Attached I put the message that comes out during the installation; it is in Italian, I hope you can understand what it is all about). Do I have to do something else before, or some operations to do? Or  does the mistake message depend from the use of the LAN-USB adapter? What I have to do to check the battery?

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments
  • TomC

Hi Stefania,

It is not possible to monitor the UPS by using a LAN cable in the Data port of the UPS and a LAN-USB adapter for the USB input in the laptop. 

The PowerChute software will install when the laptop detects that it is connected to a UPS. Once you have the correct cable, the installation will work.

I will send you a message with details on how to get the correct cable.

Regards,

Tom

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: