Loading ...

BX1000G double chirp beeping, discharges | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » BX1000G double chirp beeping, discharges

BX1000G double chirp beeping, discharges

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Frank , 8/19/2019 4:41 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

BX1000G double chirp beeping, discharges

Subscribe to RSS
  • Provasek

I use a BX1000G to keep a cordless phone base station, modem and wireless router, and alarm system powered.  Typical load is 13 watts.  Not sure when I bought this, but got tired of replacing the $39.95 Cyberpower 450 (ha-ha) things from Walmart every 2 or 3 years.

All was fine until two nights ago when it started "double chirping" every 2 seconds.  It showed the battery fully charged with 390 minutes,  Nothing unusual on the computer interface.  I pulled the wall plug and it worked fine keeping my equipment powered.  I didn't see anything at all in the manual about this beeping. I plugged it back in,  muted the speaker and went back to bed.  The next morning it showed the battery completely discharged with zero minutes of backup.  Completely discharged while the AC power was on.  I finally reached APC  customer service and they were completely unfamiliar with the double beeping.  Yet they were certain a $75 green battery pack would fix it.  But the bad battery indicator   -- the manual  is confusing that it's either the battery charge icon flashing or a separate icon with an "x" flashing.  Neither one. This was a $119 Black Friday deal at Costco, and I don't want to buy a new battery if the unit has failed.  Disturbing that the company has never seen this mode of beeping makes me think just recycle the whole thing...and never buy another APC product. A video of the display and beeping is attached

Attachments
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: