Loading ...

APC Back-UPS ES - BE550G-UK purchased March 2014 finally dies with constant beep | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » APC Back-UPS ES - BE550G-UK purchased March 2014 finally dies with constant beep

APC Back-UPS ES - BE550G-UK purchased March 2014 finally dies with constant beep

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Martin , 8/18/2019 10:09 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

APC Back-UPS ES - BE550G-UK purchased March 2014 finally dies with constant beep

Subscribe to RSS
  • kenmar01

So folks, that is how long mine lasted :-)

Yeah, got a replacement battery and wasted some money but essentially that is it - dead.

It is making a constant trilling high-pitch beep/sound as soon as the unit is turned on.  This is the state it was in with the old battery after a couple of power-cuts in my area.

Basically you plug it in and power on without any load attached and it starts "screaming" - no LEDs are showing.

I left the thing plugged in to the power outlet but not powered on for 10hrs and the same result when powered on with no load.

Just ordered the 700G and I will be registering it 100% for any warranty claim I need to make :-)

By the way, yes,  I have tried the various suggestions to get over the problem e.g. remove battery, press Power On for 5 second, replace battery etc. etc. whilst "standing on my head" etc. etc.   but folks, it is a waste of time.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: