Loading ...

UPS actually more potent at killing devices? | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » UPS actually more potent at killing devices?
Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

UPS actually more potent at killing devices?

Subscribe to RSS
  • alkenerly

Its been a sad day. We have had our home network protected with two APC UPS-550s  and an APC UPS-600. After a lightning storm and power surge this afternoon, several network devices died. 

The odd thing is that only devices connected to our UPS's died. Two of them allowed the death of a modem, router, irrigation controller and multiple switches. The last one seemed fine (this powered my server! I'm so glad I did not lose that!).

So my first question is: is there any explanation for this? Nothing else in the house died that we have found so far. Were we wrong to have our components attached to UPSs at all? 

Secondly, is there ever any kind of warranty or recourse from APC on stuff like this? Obviously we lost a good deal of money today, but frankly I felt like APC was a respectable brand and I'm sad to find not even their products were able to help. 

Any insight on how to prevent future failure or what to do from here would be great. 

Thanks for reading!

• wpasquil

Hi,

Sorry to hear of you inconvenience. Most all UPS include a equipment protection policy. Please contact local support at your earliest convenience and they will be happy to assist you. 

Local support contact information will be found at this link. 

https://www.apc.com/us/en/support/contact-us/index.jsp

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: