Loading ...

unable to open the battery door on BN1500M2 | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » unable to open the battery door on BN1500M2

unable to open the battery door on BN1500M2

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Phillip , 4/20/2019 2:11 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

unable to open the battery door on BN1500M2

Subscribe to RSS
  • pwrichcreek

Brand new BN1500M2 and I'm unable to get the battery door open. I assume that the "tabs" referred to in the manual are to the right and left of the rectangle with APC embossed into it. Is that correct? I'm pressing as hard as I can an they do not budge. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Here's an image showing the area of the battery door.

battery door

Thanks.

After posting this, I learned from the vendor that the battery doesn't need to be connected by the user. Also, apc did not sent the device that I ordered through the vendor. apc send a 900 watt unit and the manual states that i have to connect the battery. Also no software disc or manual was sent.

I not very pleased with apc.

• pwrichcreek

"Also, apc did not sent the device that I ordered..."

I re-ordered and got the correct one, BN1500M2.

For future reference for someone who might have the same problem I had, when you open the battery compartment, don't just press down on the tabs. You'll never get it open that way. You need press on the tabs and pull it down toward the bottom of the unit. Then it opens up just fine. 

I hope this helps someone with the same problem in the future.

Phil.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: