Loading ...

Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Albert , 4/15/2019 2:25 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Need a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after extended power outage

Subscribe to RSS
  • AlbertC

I manage a property that has security cameras, a DVR, and router.  Sometimes the property is vacant for 20 days or so.  There are frequent power outages, ranging from 30 minuets to a few days.  I am not so concerned about the system staying powered  up for the entire outage, but I NEED a Battery Backup that comes back on (absolutely) after an extended power outage. I am using a CP800DVR now and it needed to have the little button pushed manually after an outage of 1 1/2 hours.  This won't work. I need something that will ALWAYS come back on when power is up and stable again.  Any ideas? Thanks

• wpasquil

Hi,

I suggest you look at one or the SMT Smart-UPS.  A SMT will do what you would like and if you add a network management card you can manage the UPS remotely. 

• AlbertC

Hi Bill.  Thanks for the response. So knowing that all that is running off of the UPS would be a router and a DVR system with 6 cameras, and understanding that if a power surge comes through, or power goes off, or power goes on and off - or ANY reason that is causing the fault protection circuit in the UPS that I have NOW, to trip...... is either of these 2 different APC products suitable? 
    Would the 'APC Smart-UPS SC SC420 420VA 120V UPS System' work, or why would you not recommend it?
    Or would the 'APC Smart-UPS with SmartConnect Remote Monitoring,Pure Sine Wave Backup & Surge Protection(SMT750C)' be more suitable?  If so please explain why?
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: