Loading ...

APC Back-UPS Pro (BX1000M) - routers and switches rebooting | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » APC Back-UPS Pro (BX1000M) - routers and switches rebooting
Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

APC Back-UPS Pro (BX1000M) - routers and switches rebooting

Subscribe to RSS
  • a1b2c3

I've got a APC Back-UPS Pro (BX1000M).

I've got the following connected to it:

• Lower powered NAS
    • VM server
    • cable modem
    • 8-port switch
    • small router

The highest load I've seen is 27%, at under 200 watts.

I've got the USB cable run to the NAS and am using Network Utility Tools to shut it down on power loss, after 30 seconds.  I tested the UPS by pulling the power cable.  My NAS successfully shuts down gracefully.  Upon plugging the power back into the wall, and turning the NAS back on, the UPS goes back and forth between battery and A/C power. When I put the plug back in the wall, it stays on battery for a bit, then eventually goes online to A/C power.  It will then go back to battery after a bit, and finally back to A/C power.

The NAS and the VM server (the two x86 computers in this scenario) handle this fine.  However, the small, ARM-based devices (modem, switch and router) all reboot when the UPS switches back and forth between power and battery.

As a noob, am I missing anything?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: