We have had this unit for two or three years and this morning, without warning, it was no longer working. The display is dark, and the battery supplied outlets are dead. The surge protected outlets are working. I reset the breaker button with no effect. I removed all load from the device and reset the breaker again - nothing changed. I pulled and reset the battery with no results. I am at a loss where to go from here. Is it worth the risk to replace the battery or is it possible there is an internal fail on the electronics? Thoughts on next steps would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sorry for the delayed reply. Have you checked the battery voltages? The unit has 2 12 volt batteries. A good battery should read greater than 12v DC. If less than 12v DC the battery is bad or has not been charge properly. To check the charger, connect the batteries and check to see what the voltage that the UPS is charging at. The charger should be outputting 13 to 14v DC when the batteries are low.
Choose a location