Loading ...

Plugged in NS 1080 for the first time, doesn't detect battery | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Plugged in NS 1080 for the first time, doesn't detect battery

Plugged in NS 1080 for the first time, doesn't detect battery

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Angelo , 2/2/2019 5:34 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Plugged in NS 1080 for the first time, doesn't detect battery

Subscribe to RSS
  • SoleInvictus

Hey everyone! I've had this NS1080 (Model# BN1080G) hanging out in the closet for about a year and I decided to finally hook it up. Right off the bat, I get a flashing, empty battery outline. I installed the PowerChute software, which informs me the battery isn't detected. I read a few similar posts suggesting one keep it on and disconnect the power. It switches over to power for around 30 seconds and then dies. When I plug it back in, the status changes to "Your battery backup is operating normally" for a few moments, the unit clicks, and then the software goes back to saying the battery is disconnected.

So I busted out my trusty multimeter and tested the battery voltage: it's 24.38V. Seems okay. I checked the output on the battery connection in the unit and they read 27.32V, also seems okay.

I'm a little miffed, given this is a never-used unit. Any advice or have I just been holding onto a dud for the last year?

Update: I rigged up a little safe discharge unit with a variable resistor between the leads on the battery. It fully discharged in about the time one would expect for a 7A battery, a little under 3.5 hours with a steady current of 2A. It looks like the unit is the issue, not the battery.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: