Loading ...

Flashing Battery Icon | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Flashing Battery Icon

Flashing Battery Icon

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Doug , 11/22/2018 8:28 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Flashing Battery Icon

Subscribe to RSS
  • doug123

Hi There,

I have a APC XS 1300 and it woke me at 2:00 in the morning with a sound that sounded like a printer that is out of paper.  There is a flashing battery icon on the screen.  Photo attached.

I suspect this must mean that I need a new battery for the unit?  I'm not seeing anything in my manual.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

• kitmonster

I have the same problem.  Did you buy a replacement battery and if so did it cure the problem?

• SecretSquirrel

Hi Doug,

The flashing Battery icon indicates that the internal battery is no longer being detected. This will often happen for new units if turned on before the battery is connected internally. Additionally however, this may occur if the battery voltage drops below the pre-designated point of detection which is hard coded in the MCU. If no other fault indications are present, then the issue is likely nothing more than battery related. Do you know the approximate age of the unit and if youve replaced the battery in the past. The serial number should help us identify the age.

SecretSquirrel 

• doug123

Yes, if memory serves me correctly, I bought a new battery and it solved the problem.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: