Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » apc powerchute software: not able to test the UPS and events are not registered

apc powerchute software: not able to test the UPS and events are not registered

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by deeee , 15 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • giorgione
    deeee
    Novice Novice
    deeee 15 days ago

hello everybody, i need your help urgently; 

i have an APC Back-up UPS, i use APC powerchute 3 software on my pc, however it is not able to run a test about the battery's state. it just says it can't. and more,  blackouts and general events are not registered in the event list. 

why this? it is connected to the ups through cable, should i plug the ethernet cable also?

please help me, i'm confused

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 15 days ago (in response to deeee)

Hi,

A Back-UPS is compatible with PowerChute Personal Edition. Would you please send screenshots of the Current Status and of the Technical Data pages. Also, please provide a screenshot of Control panel - Device manager - Batteries. See Schneider Electric FAQ FA310907

Thank you

• giorgione
    deeee
    Novice Novice
    deeee 14 days ago (in response to Bill)

hello bill, here are the informations you requested me;

what i can't do: the software is not able to run an automatic test. also, the black-out event that i had yesterday has not been registered into the event list (as you can see, it shows 0 in the last 4 weeks); is there anything i'm doing wrong? like, i should run the software while the Back-UPS is running?

ps. it's the powerchute personal edition, as you said

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 12 days ago (in response to deeee)

Hi,

The software is showing there is no load on the UPS. Also you did not send a screenshot of the dati tecnic page.

There may be an issue with communications and that would explain why the software does on report outages.

• giorgione
    deeee
    Novice Novice
    deeee 12 days ago (in response to Bill)

so what should i do?

• giorgione
    deeee
    Novice Novice
    deeee 2 days ago (in response to Bill)

may i have any answer?  Bill  Secret Squirrel  Bill what is the purpose of this forum if you don't reply?

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 2 days ago (in response to deeee)

deeee,

Sorry. I have been on holiday.

On 8/16/2018 5:49 AM, deeee said:

what is the purpose of this forum if you don't reply?

The purpose of the forum is for user to assist other users and share ideas. Yes, people such as myself that work for Schneider Electric do moderate the forum and we assist users with their questions. However when you need immediate assistance from Schneider Electric you should contact local Technical Support.

I asked for a screen shot of the technical data page. Would you please provide that. I will help me understand what data the software is receiving from the UPS.

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: