I bought a new APC Back-UPS Pro 900 but it probably doesn't work correctly (I never owned a UPS before).
Sometimes it doesn't power up, sometimes it does. When it doesn't the LCD panel only flashes for a brief moment and the device itself does nothing if the start button is pressed. And when it does it works correctly. I found out that it probably depends on the placement of the battery.
For example if I remove the battery and insert it in again it powers up normally when turned on. Then I turn off the device a move it to the pc (e.g. just a few meters from kitchen to my room) and it doesn't power up anymore. So I think the device is prone to any little displacement or pushing - there must be some broken connection between the battery and the rest of the device - or not?
I suppose it isn't a correct behavior of the UPS, right?
Should I make another complaint and demand a complete device replacement or is there something else I'm overlooking?
* Tried different sockets in my house.
* Doesn't matter if the device is plugged into a socket or not.
* Doesn't matter if there is something connected to the device or not.
* When I am lucky and the device powers up it shows fully a charged battery without any errors/beeping. Futhermore, the device charges correctly anything connected to it (with the device itself plugged or unplugged). But does nothing if the screen just flashes.
* I already settled the complaint and got battery replaced, but it didn't work. The problem still persists.
Gif of the problem:
Thanks for any help.
Sorry for the inconvenience. You should contact local support. They may ask you to run a few test and if they fell the unit is defective they will issue a replacement. Local support contact information can be found at this link http://www.apc.com/cz/cs/support/contact-us/index.jsp
Choose a location
There are no forums in this space.