Loading ...

Backups XS 1300 F08 - Fan Fault | Back-UPS & Surge Protectors

Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Backups XS 1300 F08 - Fan Fault

Backups XS 1300 F08 - Fan Fault

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Walker , 1/20/2011 12:55 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Backups XS 1300 F08 - Fan Fault

Subscribe to RSS
  • ggorman
    This discussion is marked as answered

Can I just get a replacement fan and fix it myself?

• Xylaphobe

I've had this Backups XS1300 for probably a little over a year now and Have had overall good luck with it. Aside from the following.
    As I have read on other threads here the fan will kick on for various reasons. I believe it to either be load related or heat related in my case because it is not on battery or line conditioning that I can tell. Now the bad, while I'm gaming and pulling somewhere between 350-400w the fan comes on and goes off frequently, this would not bother me if not for the 2 times it has flipped the fan of and on 4 or 5 times in quick succession then kill all power to the devices it is supplying beep at me and display an F08 code. I looked somewhere that (at least for the XS1500) F08 is fan fault.
    What can I do to be able to game with out fear of killing my system which streams media to many other PCs in my house and also losing my cable modem and therefore phones.

Thanks for any help you can provide me.
    I am an IT bench/network tech so I have some degree of technical knowledge/capability.
    And I appreciate the work the technicians put in here it appears to be top notch.

• JonPro

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately the RBC/Batteries are the only user replaceable parts on this UPS. If your unit is still within warranty, I recommend that you contact our APC Technical Support and they will be able to assist you better.

• clarkson

Hi,

If the UPS is showing a fault code, in your case F08, it should be repaired or replaced. If you are within your three year warranty period, APC will replace the unit under warranty. If you are out of warranty, you can contact Coastal Business Machines, APC's repair partner, or trade your old unit up for a discount on a new unit. You can contact APC phone support in your region for more information. If you attempt to repair the unit yourself, do so at your own risk; these are not considered user-serviceable.

• Xylaphobe

Well thats quite frustrating because the unit works fine 99% of the time, but thank you for the info.
    I assume that I will have to pay shipping fees, in which case its not worth it at all because this thing weighs a ton.

• clarkson

If replaced under warranty, you only have to pay to ship the old unit back; APC will cover shipment of the new unit.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: