Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

Back-UPS ES 700 loud beep?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Petter , 12/17/2014 10:26 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Petter
    Petter
    New Member New Member
    Petter 12/17/2014 10:26 AM

Hello there! I live in Finland and recently I found myself so annoyed about all the power outages here. So I Google'd around and I found out about APC. I was really happy to find exactly what I needed here at APC, so I got myself a Back-UPS ES 700. Yesterday, it arrived by mail. I plugged it in to the wall, not sure if that would make it charge. Anyway, I waited about 15 hours and pressed the power on button. The machine started emitting a loud beep so I turned it off. Then I waited an additional five hours and tried again, but it keeps making the beep. The power backup doesn't seem to work unless I have the machine, and consequently the beeping, turned on.

Is something wrong with my product or am I doing something wrong? What are my options, is there a fix?

EDIT:

I used PowerChute to successfully turn off the alarm, but it's still blinking red and I'm a tad afraid that it's going to start a fire or something.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 12/17/2014 3:00 PM (in response to Petter)

Hi,

The red LED flashing and a constant tone indicates the battery is disconnected. The users manual shows how to connect the battery and also offers troubleshooting help. http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/MMIS-8EYK6S/MMIS-8EYK6S_R0_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: