Loading ...

| Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices

Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » Moving that new equipment in the room

Moving that new equipment in the room

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by Vlad , 8/17/2007 2:07 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Moving that new equipment in the room

Subscribe to RSS
  • volk

Heh, our doors are not tall enough, however, they are wide; plus, the doors leading to the DC are on a different floor accessible only using a forklift. Has anyone run in to this before? Need to drag a bunch of racks Type B PDU and Symmetra PX UPS. I am tempted to lay the equipment on its side.

• Sgt._Slaughter

Hello,

Those type systems should be in our VX racks, which have a removable roof. Have you tried taking the roof off of the rack? Instructions can be found in our VX rack user manuals.

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z6K8X_R0_EN.pdf

Look on page 24 of the manual for roof removal instructions.

Thanks.

• Sgt._Slaughter

Forgot to mention...

Highly recommended to try this before any attempt to lay the equipment on the side.

• dirtfoot

I had the same trouble getting VX racks into our lab, and removing the roof portion of the rack game me about 2 or 2.5 inches. it was enough to get through the doorways.

• volk

Ah, I will try that! Hopefully the contractor will be savvy enough and I won't have to hold their hands. Thanks for the replies.

• volk

Try what?
    If I am not mistaken, you are refererring to the other thread.

• Sgt._Slaughter

Sorry,

Try removing the roof off of the rack before laying the equipment on its side to move into your site.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: