Loading ...

how can I monitor large number of PDUs? | Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices

Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » how can I monitor large number of PDUs?

how can I monitor large number of PDUs?

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by mah , 10/2/2012 6:19 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

how can I monitor large number of PDUs?

Subscribe to RSS
  • mah

hi , I have large number of PDUs and I want to monitor all of them in on session. ( I cant monitor and manage 30 PDUs by separate ) help me.

• adavid

StruXureware Data Center Expert(formally Central) 7.x also lets you configure multiple devices at the same time - given they are the same model.  I've heard of other people using Solar Winds but have not used it myself.

• ipicKedawinna

i'd suggest looking into an SNMP monitoring solution, such as our own StruxureWare Data Center Expert-> http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=350

if that is not what you need, i would look at a free SNMP NMS to do this as I believe it'd be easiest (such as Nagios). All of the PDUs support SNMPv1, v2c, and v3.

• aberrantgroup

I agree. SNMP solutions work great. SolarWinds APM will do this. If not ISX Central.

Thanks,
    Aberrant Technology Group
    Server Room Design & Construction
    www.aberrantgroup.com

Message was edited by: aberrantgroup

• aluetteken_at_tntitaly.it

DC Expert is the solution to go for. It can send out alarms or forward snmp traps to your service management software (to open incidents autmatically).

The 7.2 version also has a very neat web interface where you can install wigdgets which give you an immediate overview over alarms, loads etc.

• satya

how can I monitor probe temperature of PDUs and what services i can monitor for PDU device?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: