Loading ...

| Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices

Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » Connect Multiple UPS to a single outlet

Connect Multiple UPS to a single outlet

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by Raj , 6/3/2011 7:03 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Connect Multiple UPS to a single outlet

Subscribe to RSS
  • CSSI

Hi ,At our hosted facility we have 1 30AMP outlet provided to our Rack. i have 2200 Smart UPS that supports max 1600W output @ 120V so max 13.33 Amps i guess. we will have close to 22Amps load for the equipment we are planning to install in the Rack. will have to connect 2 of the 2200 Smart Ups how do i achieve it safely without tipping the scale :)

Thanks
    CSSI

• trinhkhai79

Hi,

Connect Multiple UPS Smart APC to a single outlet is impossible.
    The best way is each server will use dual supply from each UPS. You shoud set the alarm if load in UPS over 50% to prevent load drop when you turn off one UPS or one make a failure.

With the old server (single power supply) , I think you should not buy this type.

• aluetteken_at_tntitaly.it

Did you calculate the 22 amps using the device specs? If so, these are max values and you will run well below that (2/3 in my opinion).

Also, if you already have 2 UPSs you could connect them to 2 different PDUs and power half of the devices from one and the other half from the second. You wouldn't have power redundancy, though

As said , you can't connect 2 UPS outlets together.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: