Loading ...

COOLING A HIGH DENSITY DATA CENTER | Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices

Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » COOLING A HIGH DENSITY DATA CENTER

COOLING A HIGH DENSITY DATA CENTER

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by Ludwing , 10/14/2009 11:02 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

COOLING A HIGH DENSITY DATA CENTER

Subscribe to RSS
  • loropeza

I am making a basic design for a high density data center, this room has 75 High Density Racks total. I am assuming a power comsumption of 10KW for each Rack and a requirement of 1388 CFM for each unit
    the requirement comes from:
    by APC white paper: 18kw ---->2500 CFM
    so 10kw--->1388 CFM
    75 units in the room x 1388=104100 CFM
    so my flow requirement is more or less 104100 CFM for this computer room
    I saw that I can configure a system based with 2 chillers of your brand, part number ACCH220N-ABA-D10S which is a Unit capable of a flow 49600 CFM. with two units I can cover my requirements.

so for this system I have two questions:
    question 1: do I have anything wrong in my assumptions or numbers?

question 2:
    I am trying to avoid Chillers because I dont want to put anything on the roof. what other alternatives do I have?

• KVAr

If the climate isn't cool enough you can't avoid chillers. Even if it's just a few weeks out of the year, that's a few weeks out of the year you'll have to take servers out of service for

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: