Loading ...

Cooling for hot air containment system | Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices

Home » Spaces » Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices » discussion » General » Cooling for hot air containment system

Cooling for hot air containment system

Discussion in Server Room & Data Center Design Best Practices started by Jim , 3/18/2009 11:51 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Cooling for hot air containment system

Subscribe to RSS
  • jimreed1

We are setting up an eight rack HACS and we are looking at using the InRow RP DX Air Cooled system. Our eight racks will pull about 55-60kW total and we are setting up a redundant power system with A-B feeds into these racks through two PDUs and a UPS. I understand that these in row units should NOT be powered by the same systems that will power the data equipment. I’m looking for the best practices to design the system. Should the in row cooling units be hard wired from utility power and a generator for redundancy? The APC design portal does not allow you to power the cooling units and the racks from the same source.

• ipicKedawinna

from an APC stand point, we cant really comment on best design practices via the forum. if you have an APC sales person, you could contact them which i believe can contact a member of the configuration team to better assist you. or perhaps some other users on the forum can comment.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: